Wednesday, November 30, 2011

B1G/ACC Challenge: Day 2 - I *Know* The Tide Has Swung

Not much to say about last night that hasn't already been said.  Their best pasted our best and that kind of summed up the night.  Northwestern made a mockery of somehow being underdogs to GT, Illinois turned a 9 point first half road deficit in to a 9 point road win and Purdue kept Miami at arm's length all game.  Had it not been for a spectacular defensive and physical performance, particularly in the second half, by Virginia and Clemson having no problems with hapless Iowa, it would have been an even more embarrassing opening night for the once-proud ACC.

I'm a little late for tonight's early games but I had/have a Big Ten sweep.  Indiana/N.C. State and Penn State/Boston College are both at half and unlike last night, ACC home teams are holding serve so far.  I like second half comebacks by one or both of the Hoosiers and Nittany Lions, though.

To make up for not previewing today's games, I'll do a nice recap post tomorrow or Friday and I also wanna go in on the Boeheim situation like I mentioned earlier, particularly after that firecracker of a press conference after their win over Eastern Michigan last night...but I literally have three papers to do between now and Tuesday so we'll see.  I've got UNC over Wisconsin, Minnesota over Virginia Tech and Nebraska over Wake Forest in the late games.  More on them and the rest of the challenge hopefully sometime in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment